At Pennant Walters we place compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality obligations at the heart of everything we do. We develop and manage renewable energy projects on behalf of a range of long-term Investors who recognise compliance is integral to how we operate.
Pennant Walters works alongside these investors to improve Environmental and Social Governance performance which also includes completing annual assessments such as GRESB (Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark) which allows infrastructure managers to measure, benchmark and improve their sustainability programs and report to their investors on their ESG performance.
As part of the Walters Group we adhere to excellent health, safety, environmental and quality benchmarks which have been sustained by the continued evolution of management systems that are accredited to approved standards by BM TRADA, a world leader in certification.
Our philosophy is one of continual improvement as we seek to ensure a safe working environment. We take pride in working alongside all of the various stakeholders and keep an open dialogue to ensure that we continually improve how we operate, and more importantly how to behave in what we believe is the right way.
Our behavioural based safety culture, in which every person takes responsibility for their own actions, compliments our investment in safety. We encourage and invest in innovation and review the training, development and capability of our staff.
Across the Walters Group we hold membership of or accreditations with:
- ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management)
- ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management)
- ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational Health & Safety Management)
- Achilles Building Confidence
- Achilles UVDB
- Achilles RISQS
- British Safety Council
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA)
- Contractors Health & Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS)
- Considerate Contractor (project specific)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA)
- Minerals Products Qualification Council (Member)
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA)
- Safety Management Advisory Services (SMAS) Worksafe Consultant Membership (Designer)
As a service provider for Natural Resources Wales (the environmental regulator for Wales) Walters Group operate the highest standards of environmental compliance and sustainable thinking.
We are leading proponents of Ethical Employment and are proud to be affiliated with the ‘Transparency in Supply Chain Report’ initiatives to end Modern Slavery and supply chain labour abuses.